You are here
WORKPLACE SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH WORKSHOP
Safety is a state of mind by which people are constantly being reminded about the possibility of injuries at all times. Thus safety seeks to protect people and equipment from injuries and damages respectively. Although The Factories, Offices and Shops Act on Safety and Health charges employers with specific responsibilities to ensure safe and healthy working environment, it is generally an accepted fact that individuals can be as safe as they want to be. Therefore employees and their supervisors should adhere to well thought out code of safety practices as a way of life. The essence of this program.
All employees and Casuals Workers working in Oil & Gas industry, Manufacturing environment, construction environment and others who find the program relevant.
At the end of the program, participants will be :
* aware and reminded of the potential hazards and unsafe acts that can cause accidents at the work place
* educated on the safety regulations and practices which apply at the work place
* imparted with the technique of safe handling, use, storage and disposal of chemicals especially solvents and lubricants
* reduce equipment downtime due to accidents and bills on workman’s compensations for accidents
* The concept of occupational health and industrial safety: Factories Act & Decrees : An Overview
* Introduction to safety at work , Risk assessment, Accident concepts
* Accidents, their causes in work environments and accidents reporting procedures.
* Hazard identification and control , - Application of job hazard analysis , - First Aid and CPR
* Injuries :a matter of probabilities, HSE performance indicators, Loss time injury frequency
* Understanding workplace ergonomics
- Workplace interactions, Ergonomic risk factors , Ergonomics of computer usage , Lifting techniques
* Types and uses of personal protective safety devices in the work environment.
* Fire safety: Prevention, detection and fire crisis management
in the work environment
* Developing Safe Working Practices
- Do’s and Don’ts for new starters, - Equipment Tag-out Procedures
* Good House-Keeping Practices
Engr. Banjo Oguns - HND., Mech Eng., Post Graduate Dip. in Safety & Env. Education. An experienced Health, Safety & Environment Professional, worked with several organizations in engineering, construction, oil & gas before venturing into consultancy. Engr. Oguns is the managing partner, New Trends Associates. (An Engineering Consulting Firm.) He is a member of many professional bodies amongst which is Nigeria Society of Safety Professionals.
He will lead other facilitators to bring their experience to bear on this program.
N90,000 per participant, VAT - N4,500
Note: this covers Workshop Fee, Full Break fast, lunch, course materials and certificate of attendance.
Payment should be made in favour of Human Capital Associates.
Payment can equally be made into our Accounts:
Account Name : Human Capital Associates
Keystone Bank Ltd. Account No:1005378262
Union Bank Of Nig. Plc Account No: 0006208533