You are here
Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
Event: Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 12th – 16th February 2018.
This five day course is aimed at strengthening participants’ knowledge and skills related to the use of software applications to investigate communicable disease outbreaks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is open to all researchers and health practitioners with interest in the application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) within healthcare.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to;
• To create an electronic entry form from a paper questionnaire
• To enter merge, validate and clean data, manage datasets
• To create epidemic curves and work with dates and times in Epidata or Excel
• To map epidemiological data
• To calculate study power and sample size for various study designs
• To randomly select controls
• To carry out analysis for cohort and case-control studies, including stratified and multivariable analysis
• To produce a report of the outbreak study, interpreting results of the various analyses.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to outbreak investigation, cohort and case-control studies
• Creation of a questionnaire
• Data entry and validation using EpiData
• Descriptive analysis of epidemiological data using Excel/Stata
• Time series analysis; epidemic curve using Excel/Stata
• Analysis of place characteristics ;mapping of cases using QGIS
• Bivariate analysis of epidemiological data using Stata
Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
Tailor make your course.
Register as a group.
Become one of our partners.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals Course
• Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility Course
• ICT for Disaster Response Course
• Using Joomla Content Management system (CMS) to Develop Custom and Dynamic Websites Course
• ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
The most popular courses
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
• Disaster Risk Reduction Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Strategic Financial Management Course
View course catalogue in ICT4D and Mobile Technologies Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 5th February 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].