You are here
Training on Gender Mainstreaming in Project Management
About the course
Gender mainstreaming is no longer optional and it has to be incorporated in every organization. The international organizations and government institutions have deemed gender mainstreaming a key component towards sustainable development. This course is aimed at project/programme staff in charge of formulating and implementing programmes and projects to help ensure that gender issues are systematically integrated at each stage of the project cycle.
What you will learn
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
Write gender responsive project proposals
Carry out gender analysis
Know how to integrate gender in their projects
Come up with policies that aim at gender mainstreaming in projects
Know the challenges facing gender mainstreaming
Conduct end term responsive evaluations
Introduction to Project Lifecycle
· Project Identification
· Project Design and Planning
· Project Implementation
· Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
· End of Project Transition
Introduction to Gender Mainstreaming
· Key gender concepts: gender, gender equality, women empowerment
· Why is Gender Mainstreaming important?
· Basic concepts on gender mainstreaming in projects.
· Identifying gender gaps and gender inequality in projects.
· Gender mainstreaming in project proposals
· Identify and define the general purpose and objectives of the project.
· Identify and assess gender needs and opportunities
· Identify possible negative effects on different gender
Project Design and Planning
· Gender considerations in project analysis and design
· Gender mainstreaming in project results and activities development
· Gender Analysis
· Importance of gender analysis in projects
· Information provided by gender analysis
· Conducting gender analysis
· Engendering the Logical Framework
· Components of a logical framework
· Gender specific targets
· Gender sensitive indicators
· Budget items for gender mainstreaming activities
· Tracking budget performance separate per gender
· Application of gender marker
· Gender mainstreaming in Work plan
· Engendering project inception
· Engendering project implementation strategies
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Engendering the M&E system
· Development of gender responsive data collection methods and tools
· Gender responsive data analysis and reporting
· Gender sensitive project evaluation
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: [email protected]
This course is also scheduled for the following dates:
1. November 19, 2018 to November 23, 2018.
2. December 3, 2018 to December 7, 2018.
3. December 17, 2018 to December 21, 2018.