You are here
Training Course On Diseases Surveillance And Reporting
Event: Training Course On Diseases Surveillance And Reporting
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 28th May– 1st June 2018.
Emerging and re-emerging events with a potential to cause disease outbreak remain a constant threat to global health security. In most developing countries, public health workers and community health workers are supporting initiatives and programmes like polio eradication, onchocerciasis, guinea worm eradication, trachoma control, integrated community case management, maternal and child health integrated programme, and early warning and response to public health emergencies among others. In some countries structures are not functional or are still to be built to detect, prevent and respond to public health events.
Training course on Disease surveillance and Reporting is offered by IRES-ILDC with an aim of strengthening the national capacity for surveillance and control of public health events of national and international concern.
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for researchers, clinicians, public health professionals, epidemiologists, from public and private institutions who need to improve their skills on surveillance and reporting of public health related events and concerns.
In this training course participants will learn about surveillance of both infectious and noninfectious diseases, how a disease becomes notifiable, and how to establish and evaluate a surveillance system. The course will also explore how GIS is used to detect outbreaks of disease.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to disease surveillance
• Introduction to surveillance system
• Mapping for surveillance and outbreak investigation
• Sources and methods of gathering surveillance data
• Reporting priority diseases
• Introduction to reporting tools
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
• Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
• Prevention and Awareness of FGM Course
The most popular courses
• Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• Emergency Planning and Management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 21st May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]