You are here
Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
Event: Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 11th – 15th June 2018.
In the event of a disaster, the existing water storage facilities are inadequate to meet the current or expected demands. The existing water supply pipe lines are vulnerable and basic WASH materials are lacking to meet the demand in the event of the disaster. Preparedness and response capacities of health facilities are insufficient due to the lack of trained professional human resources, lack of coordination and inadequate policies. Issues at Health Sector level include the lack of health personnel preparedness for hazards other than epidemics, lack of awareness and knowledge on DRM, the lack of implementation of the health disaster preparedness and response plans, and no mechanism for networking and resources sharing.
• Disaster Terminology, Disaster Management
• Cycle, Sphere Standard
• Epidemiological Management During Emergency
• Solid/ Medical Waste Management
• What is Hygiene Promotion?
• Practical on Drinking water quality, treatment and hygiene
• Sanitation, its importance, type and its use during emergency
• Practical on toilet construction during emergency
• Six Steps to Hygiene Promotion
• Risk Practices
• Practices to target
• Motivating Behavior Change
• Communicating Hygiene
• Conclusion: Hygiene Promotion: Practical and Effective
• Application of GIS in WASH and public health
• Introduction to GIS
• Spatial Data collection in GIS for WASH and public health
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
• Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
• Prevention and Awareness of FGM Course
The most popular courses
• Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• Emergency Planning and Management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
• Project Management Workshop for Senior Officers Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 4th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]