You are here
Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
Event: Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 04th – 15th June 2018
New developments in data science offer a tremendous opportunity to improve decision-making. In the development world, there has been an increase in the number of data gathering initiative such as baseline surveys, Socio-Economic Surveys, Demographic and Health Surveys, Nutrition Surveys, Food Security Surveys, Program Evaluation Surveys, Employees, customers and vendor satisfaction surveys, and opinion polls among others, all intended to provide data for decision making.
It is essential that these efforts go beyond merely generating new insights from data but also to systematically enhance individual human judgment in real development contexts.
How can organizations better manage the process of converting the potential of data science to real development outcomes? How can organizations go beyond merely generating new insights to changing behaviors — not only of their employees but beneficiary and communities too?
This five days hands-on course is tailored to put all these important considerations into perspective.
It is envisioned that upon completion, the participants will be empowered with the necessary skills to produce accurate and cost-effective data and reports that are useful and friendly for decision making.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata/SPSS/R course is required. The training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English.
• Understand and appropriately use statistical terms and concepts
• Design and Implement universally acceptable Surveys
• Convert data into various formats using appropriate software
• Perform simple to complex data manipulation using Ms Excel
• Perform basic data analysis tasks with SPSS/Stata/R
• Perform simple to complex data management tasks using SPSS/Stata/R
• Correctly identify an appropriate statistical test for basic analysis s and perform them using SPSS/Stata or R as the participant choose
• Use mobile data gathering tools such as Open Data Kit (ODK)
• Use GIS software to plot and display data on basic maps
• Use Google Doc and Google maps to collaborate and sharing information
• Write reports from survey data
• Put strategies to improve data demand and use in decision making
• Basic statistical terms and concepts
• Concepts and Software for Data Processing, management and GIS mapping
• Introduction to Data management and analysis using Ms Excel
• Quantitative Data Analysis using SPSS/Stata/R
• Advanced Data Analysis, reporting, dissemination and use
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting Course
• CSPro For Android and Smartphones Course
• Agriculture Statistics Course
• Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals
• Financial Management Using QuickBooks, Sage and Pastel Course
The most popular courses
• Integrated Pest Management Course
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Theory of Change in Project Development Course
• ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
• Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
• GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
• The Art of Effective Listening for Support Officers Course
View course catalogue in Research Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]