You are here
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND INDUSTRIAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT (Health, Safety & Env...
Accidents, injuries, sickness and insecurity are daily facts of life. however the world of work exposes working people in a peculiar way making them more vulnerable to these accidents. Precaution therefore, is vital if industrial accidents are to be minimize and productivity improved. This can be achieved through training and retraining thereby creating awareness in the mind of the workers. This workshop is therefore designed to enable participants develop requisite skills for enhancing industrial safety in their work environments.
Operation managers, Supervisors, Project Team Leaders, Foremen, Plant managers, Factory managers and workers who are prone to occupational accident in their work environment in Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Construction and Engineering Services industries that find the programme relevant.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to :
* appreciate safety issues within and around their work environment
* identify causes of occupational health hazards/industrial accidents.
* investigate and identify measures by which losses, resulting from avoidable accidents can be reduced.
* appreciate the role of insurance in industrial safety management
* design relevant safety communication channels/measures to control and reduce occupational health hazards.
* The concept of occupational health and industrial safety:
Factories Act & Decree 14 of 1987
* Introduction to safety at work : Risk assessment and Accident Concepts
* Accidents : their causes in work environments and accidents reporting
* Identifying and tackling occupational health and safety hazards in the
* Health, Safety and Environment Management System and its
- Hazard identification and control, - Application of job hazard analysis , - First Aid and CPR
* Implementing occupational health and safety management system in the
- Injuries :a matter of probabilities, HSE performance indicators, Loss time
injury frequency (LTIF)
* Understanding workplace ergonomics
- Workplace interactions, Ergonomic risk factors , Ergonomics of
computer usage , Lifting techniques
* Types and uses of personal protective safety devices in the work
* Fire safety: Prevention, detection and fire crisis management in the work
* Contingency planning/crises management in the work environment
* Industrial safety plan and implementation schedule / awareness creation
* Waste management recycling option, abating environmental pollution
* Role of insurance in industrial safety management
Engr. Banjo Oguns – HND., Mech Eng. Dip. in safety & environmental education. An experienced Health, Safety & Environment professional with over 20 years of vast work experience in construction, oil and gas industries. Engr. Oguns is a member of many professional bodies both in Nigeria and abroad, amongst which is The Nigerian Society of Safety Professional. He is the managing partner, New Trend Associates, an engineering consultancy Firm. He will lead other HSE professionals to share their experiences on this program.
N120,000 per participant, VAT - N6,000
Note: this covers Workshop Fee, Full Break fast, Lunch, course materials and certificate of attendance.
Payment should be made in favour of Human Capital Associates.
Payment can equally be made into our Accounts:
Account Name : Human Capital Associates
Keystone Bank Ltd. Account No:1005378262
Union Bank Of Nig. Plc Account No: 0006208533