You are here
Nutrition and Food Safety Course
Event: Nutrition and Food Safety Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 04th – 15th June 2018
In order to live, we must eat. The kind of food we eat affects how our bodies work. Not eating enough or not eating the right kinds of foods can cause people to have a higher risk of illness and death. Throughout the entire life cycle, good nutrition results in greater cognitive, motor, and social development, educational attainment, productivity, and lifetime earnings. On the other hand, the safety, quality and nutritional value of the food we eat is of fundamental importance to our health and wellbeing. Food safety and nutrition are therefore key concerns for public health.
This course is purposed to enlighten the participants on basic principles of Nutrition, health and food safety. They will learn about macro and micronutrients, digestion, food safety and technology and nutrition for an active lifestyle. Participants will also conduct a thorough self-dietary analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is highly recommended to community health extension workers working in areas that experience frequent famines and droughts, projects officers in NGO’s, teachers/children care givers, food service professionals and to team leaders of corporate organizations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to know more about nutrition and those willing to live a healthy lifestyle focusing on lifestyle disease prevention.
After completing this course, the participants shall be able to:
• Describe the characteristics of essential nutrients and evaluate the use of scientific research to determine nutrient needs.
• Examine the various factors that make a healthy diet and design menus using My Pyramid and Dietary Guidelines.
• Outline the functions of (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, vitamins) and discuss the effects of deficiency and excess intake.
• Assess the importance of water and minerals to the human body.
• Describe problems associated with obesity and discuss how it can be treated.
• Discuss healthy ways to buy, prepare, cook, and preserve food.
• Outline the causes and effects of a few eating disorders and discuss the possible modes of treatment.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Nutrition and You
• Human Physiology
• Water and Minerals
• Fitness and Weight Control Energy Balance
• Eating Disorders
• Food Safety
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailors make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK Course
The most popular courses
• Facilitating Proper Value Chain Development and Actor Empowerment
• Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting Course
• Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing Course
• Creating Dynamic Dashboards with Excel for Management Reporting Course
• Grant Management and Fundraising Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
• Leveraging the Generation Gap Course
View course catalogue on Health and social care Institute.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814. Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]