You are here
Mobile Based Data Collection Using MaPi
RE: MOBILE-BASED DATA COLLECTION USING MaPi
Tech For Development -T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course in Mobile Based Data Collection Using MaPi to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 14th to 18th Oct,2019
Course Name:Mobile Based Data Collection Using MaPi
Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 14th to 18th Oct,2019
Course Fee: KES 75,000 OR USD 1,100
Online Registration:Register here
Who should attend
This course is suitable for people who want to learn how to:
• Apply best practices in mobile data collection setup and administration
• Setup a Magpi account
• Author/Digitize surveys using Magpi
• Setup, manage and administer a mobile data collection system using Magpi
• Collect data on Mobile devices using Magpi Plus
• Collect data using SMS service
• Collect data using IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
• Use Magpi messaging tool
• Manage external enumerators
• Collect Geo data and generate mapped data
• Manage, visualize and analyze data on the Magpi platform
• Learn about other similar mobile data collection tools and technologies
Data collection has always been an integral part of development work. In the past, these tasks were performed with paper and pen, which made them prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you. This training course also comes with an additional GIS module to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants work with spatial data.
The course will teach leaners how to implement a mobile data collection using Magpi.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to setup, implement, manage and administer a mobile data collection application using the Magpi platform and generate maps using the collected data. Additionally, learners will be exposed to other available mobile data collection platforms.
Topics to be covered
Introduction to the course
• ICT refresher
• Introduction to mobile data collection systems architecture.
• Introduction to common mobile based data collection tools, techniques and platform.
• Benefits of mobile data collection.
• Challenges of Mobile Based Data Collection.
• Best Practices..
• Creating a Magpi account and account validation
• Creating a new survey form
• Question (data) types in Magpi
• Adding questions to your form
• Multiple choice questions
• Cascading(filtered) multiple choice questions
• Adding skip logic
• Making a question required
• Mapping and Geodata in Magpi
• Exporting form description
• Previewing form
• Copying a form
• Inserting one form into another
• Upload and message credits
• Messaging with Magpi
Magpi plus app configuration and usage
• Installing the mobile app (smart-phones)
• Retrieving forms from the magpi platform
• Filling and submitting the forms
• Sharing forms
o via email(for users of the mobile and web app)
o via sms
• Viewing the collected data
SMS Data Collection using Magpi (any mobile device) – Paid service
• Intro to SMS data collection
• Creating an interactive SMS form
• Deploying the interactive SMS form
• Creating an structured SMS form
• Deploying the structured SMS form
• Troubleshooting/Debugging SMS issues
• Interactive SMS (iSMS) local gateway setup – Ushahidi’s SMS sync app
• Structured SMS local gateway setup
IVR Data collection using Magpi – Paid service
• Intro to Interactive Voice Recognition
• Creating an IVR form
• Deploying the IVR form
Reports and analysis
• Report capabilities by user subscription level
• Magpi report elements
• Creating/Viewing the standard report
• Data filtering on your report
• Embedding Google Sheet Graph and other external items into Magpi Reports using iframes
• Adding maps to Magpi report
Integrating Magpi with other systems
• Magpi inbound API
• Magpi outbound API
• Using Magpi with Zapier
• Magpi-to-DHIS2 integration using OpenFn
Visit our website for more details.
This training course can also be tailored for your organization. This way, your organization will benefit by:
• Using own datasets and tools during the training.
• Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on.
• Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice.
• Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation.
Kindly visit this link to see video and photo testimonials of our previous training events.
Need more information? Kindly visit this link to see answers to frequently asked questions.
How to participate
Register as individual.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +254 706909947
Customer Relationship Officer,
Tech For Development
Innovation for impact