You are here
Mobile Based Data Collection Using Kobo Toolbox
RE: MOBILE-BASED DATA COLLECTION USING KOBO TOOLBOX
Tech For Development - T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course in Mobile Based Data Collection Using Kobo Toolbox to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 9th to 13th September 2019.
Course Name:Mobile Data Collection using Kobo Toolbox
Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 9th to 13th September 2019
Course Fee: KES 75,000 OR USD 1,100
Online Registration:Register here
This course is suitable for people working in:
Impact Evaluation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Academic Research, Market Research, Field Research, Agriculture, Health, Education, WASH, Handicapped, Human rights, Emergencies/disasters, Advocacy, Education, Environment, Small business development, Community development, Rural development, Women, Youth, Population, Rehabilitation, Culture, Capacity Building, Appropriate technology, Income, generation, Private sector, Refugees/displaced
Data collection has always been an integral part of development work. In the past, this task was performed with paper and pen, which made it prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs. ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection. If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you.
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning how to collect and manage project data using mobile devices.
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques for rapid data collection using innovative mobile data collection tools.
At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with ICT tools and technologies to conduct data collection, extract data for analysis and map collected data using mapping software.
Topics to be covered
• ICT Refresher
• Introduction to Mobile Data Collection
• Benefits of Mobile Based Data Collection
• Challenges facing Mobile Based Data Collection and their work arounds.
• Introduction to KoBoToolbox.
• Introduction to KoBoToolbox.
• Types of questions.
• Data types for each question.
• Questionnaire logic.
• Digitizing/building forms/survey authoring using KoBoToolbox.
• Deploying forms.
Device calibration (Mobile Phones/Tablets)
• KoBoCollect installation and configuration.
• Downloading forms into the mobile devices.
• Collecting data using KoBoCollect
Survey data hosting
• Uploading data to KoBoToolbox
Data Analysis and Visualization using KoBoToolbox
• Data Analysis and Visualization using KoBoToolbox
Introduction to basic XLSForms syntax for survey authoring.
Intermediate Survey Authoring using XLSForms syntax
• New data types.
• Notes and dates.
• Multiple choice Questions.
• Multiple Language Support.
• Hints, metadata and more.
• Conditional Survey Branching.
• Required questions
• Constraining responses
• Skip: Asking Relevant questions
• The specify (other)
• Grouping questions.
• Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section). Etc
• Extended data types geoid, image and multimedia
Advanced Survey Authoring using Xlsforms syntax
• Repeating a set of questions.
• Special formatting.
• Making dynamic calculations.
• Survey Styling and formatting
• Troubleshooting common syntax errors.
Module V (GIS)
• Introduction to GIS
• Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
• Introduction to Fusion Table
• Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
• Exporting data to Fusion tables using QGIS
• Converting data to shape files
• Choice of Platform
• Discussion on the Choice of Platform
• Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects
Visit our website for more details.
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, call our team on Tel: +254 706909947, +25429166479
How to participate
Register as individual.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +254 706909947