You are here
Managing People to Achieve Organisational Goals Course
The most important skill in business is the ability to manage people so that organizational objectives are achieved. It is also important to the individual, so that they can maximize their career progression opportunities. For those who have had little or no formal management training – or who require a refresher – this course is the ideal starting point.
By the end of the course participants will be better able to:
- Understand the manager’s role
- Motivate teams and individuals
- Communicate goals and objectives
- Delegate effectively
- Develop their teams
- Deal with poor performance issues
- Manage change
Participants will leave the course having had an opportunity to practice all these skills and with their own personal action plan to build on. They will return to work with a clearer view of their role and responsibilities as managers, eager to use it as the basis for improving performance and achieving better results
- What’s it all about?
- Different approaches to management
- Responsibility and accountability
- Producing results
- Managing teams
- Developing individuals
- The keys to… effective motivation
- Factors that motivate people
- Key management theories explained
- Minimizing de-motivators
- Using reward and recognition
- Motivational questionnaire
- The keys to… effective communication
- ‘Walking the talk’
- Does the organization’s Mission Statement work?
- Dealing with dissent
- Delivering vision
- The keys to… effective delegation
- The difference between delegating and assigning tasks
- Why is delegation so crucial?
- What can go wrong?
- Best practice
- Hints for effective delegation
- Practical exercise
- The keys to… effective team building
- Characteristics of successful teams
- Team types and behaviors
- How to build a successful team
- Stages of team Effectiveness
- The dangers of cloning!
- Team leadership style and traditional management style
- The keys to… effective performance management
- Dealing with poor performance
- Standards, objectives, targets, etc
- Delivering difficult messages
- Developing individuals
- Supporting the team
- The keys to… effective change management
- Dealing with change
- The Change Curve
- Communication, communication, communication!
- Reactions to expect and how to deal with them
- Involving the team
- The keys to… action
- Course review / discussion
- Preparation of action plans for building on the skills learnt
Who should attend?
- This is the ideal programme for those who have had little or no formal management training but whose roles – now or in the future – entail line management responsibilities.
- The programme is an ideal introduction to management but is also very useful as a refresher course.
This thoroughly practical course uses a mixture of formal tutor inputs, practical exercises, case studies, management tools and tutor-facilitated discussion