You are here
Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
Event: Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 21st – 25th May 2018
Disaster risk within a country has its roots in development decisions that do not adequately address disaster concerns, and the resulting disasters are coming at the cost of development and poverty reduction. By not considering disaster risk in development planning, new risks could be unintentionally created or existing ones exacerbated through investments in infrastructure and public services, and through improper planning and regulation.
This course has been developed to enhance the capacity of government officials, development partners and stakeholders involved in development planning to mainstream disaster risk reduction into development activities and practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is particularly useful for government officials responsible for disaster risk reduction policy and planning, national development planning, land-use planning, local development or finance; representatives of national forums on the Millennium Development Goals; and related agencies.
The course will also benefit development professionals from development agencies (e.g., UN agencies, bilateral and multilateral agencies and nongovernmental organizations), working closely with government agencies on issues related to development policy, planning and programs.
• Increasing awareness among participants on the need to mainstream disaster risk reduction into the development planning processes
• Enhancing the capacity of participants on ‘how to’ mainstream disaster risk reduction concerns into the national, sub-national, and sectoral development planning processes
• Application of GIS and RS in disaster risk reduction
• Providing a platform for experience sharing, discussion and interactive professional exchange on mainstreaming disaster reduction in development
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to disaster risk reduction
• Mainstreaming disaster risk reduction into the development planning process
• GIS and Disaster Risk Reduction
• Hazard, vulnerability and Risk assessment with GIS and RS
• Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
• Enabling environment for mainstreaming
Visit our website for more details
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Tailor Made Training
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become one of Our Partners
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Purchase Software
View related courses
• Gender Based Violence Course
• Social Protection: policies, programmes and evidence Course
• Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
• Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
• Disasters and Development Course
The most popular courses
• Food Security Analysis Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
• Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Efficiency Analysis using Win4DEAP Course
• International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
• Creating Dynamic Dashboards with Excel for Management Reporting Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building Institute Course Catalogue
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 14th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].