You are here
Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting Course
Event: Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 04th – 08th June 2018
This hands-on workshop focuses on the process of building and operating small-scale structural macroeconomic models and satellite models for forecasting in central banks. The programme will involve both presentations providing the theoretical background of the topics covered and computer training enabling direct application of the methodologies previously covered.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Economists with a reasonable technical background in macroeconomic modeling and forecasting or junior economists whose duties involve/will involve modeling and forecasting.
• Introduce participants to Macroeconomic Modeling and Forecastingconcepts
• Assess the key insights from best practice international modelling, and recent policy applications
• Explain and assess the relative roles of deterministic and stochastic macroeconomic models, and their steady state and dynamic properties
• Display a sound appreciation of the roles of macroeconomic and structural models in forecasting, projection and policy processes
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to Macroeconomic Modeling and Forecasting
• Work with data and stylized facts, country specific features
• Forward-looking models, endogenous monetary policy
• Impulse response analysis
• Kalman filtering
• Model testing
• Forecasting and incorporation of judgment
• Decomposition of the aggregate forecast
• Scenario analysis, uncertainty
• Near-term forecasting methods
• Fiscal, monetary and foreign trade forecasting
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
• CSPro For Android and Smartphones Course
• Agriculture Statistics Course
• Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals
• Financial Management Using QuickBooks, Sage and Pastel Course
The most popular courses
• Integrated Pest Management Course
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Theory of Change in Project Development Course
• ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
• Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
• GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
• The Art of Effective Listening for Support Officers Course
View course catalogue in Research Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]