You are here
M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
Event M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 7th – 11th May 2018.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) skills are fundamental to the process of designing and implementing programs, analyzing and using data, and conducting advocacy for population and health programs.
In order to build the capacity of M&E professionals who are actively engaged in the health sector, this one week course will provide hands-on training in M&E systems and the application of M&E data to decision making in health programming. The workshop offers intensive training that will cover the fundamental concepts and tools for M&E in health programs.
Data management and analysis will be done using Ms Excel and Stata but participant can also opt for either SPSS or R.
This workshop also presents a practical guide for using a geographic information system (GIS) to integrate, visualize, and analyze geographically-referenced data extracted from key data sets to facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of HIV/AIDS and related health programs.
• Monitor programme inputs, processes and results required for management of health System performance.
• Understand concepts, methods, and tools for monitoring of health sector programs including HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis prevention and care programs.
• Identify ways to overcome barriers to conducting effective health sector program monitoring.
• Select appropriate indicators for measuring program outputs and outcomes.
• Conduct HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis program monitoring using appropriate methods and tools.
• Competently use data analysis software package (STATA)
• Get basic knowledge of analyzing qualitative data for health sector programmes
• Use NVivo qualitative data analysis software
• Use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and GPS to gather data, collaborate and share information.
• Communicate findings to stimulate learning and reflection.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN THE PROGRAM
• M&E fundamentals
• M&E frameworks
• Gender M&E
• Communication and reporting in M&E
• Data collection, management and data quality
• Data collection methods: How to undertake data collection (quantitative and qualitative)
• Introduction to data analysis and interpretation for health programmes
• Numerical summaries for discrete variables
• Introduction to qualitative data analysis
• Quantitative Data Analysis
• Planning for qualitative data analysis
• Economic Evaluations
• Main methods of economic evaluation
• GIS techniques for M&E of health programmes
• Geographic approaches to global health
• GIS advantages for M&E in Health
Visit our website for more details
How to participate.
• Tailor makes your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become our partner.
• Purchase software.
• Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis in Food Security & Nutrition Programmes Course
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Project Management Monitoring and Evaluation with MS Projects Course
• International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
• Mobile Phones Tools for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
The most popular courses
• Livelihoods Assessment and Analysis Course
• Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Course
• Advanced Training on Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Social Audit Course
• Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK Course
• GIS and remote sensing in multi hazard early warning systems Course
• Strategic Financial Management Course
View course catalogue on Project Management, Monitorin & evaluation Development institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020. Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 30th April 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]