You are here
M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
Event: M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 28th May – 08th June 2018.
The demand for data on the impact of policies, programmes and interventions on agriculture and rural development is rapidly growing. Both governments and civil society have a need for information on food and nutrition conditions and trends and the impact of policies and interventions.
Monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment are undertaken by governments, NGOs, international agencies and donors. The course emphasizes the need for careful selection of indicators in designing information support systems at various administrative levels and the skills required for analysis and interpretation of data collected for policymaking.
The course is job-oriented and the training approach is interactive. It provides the participants with the possibility to learn from expert facilitators as well as from each other.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training targets staff of governmental and non-governmental organisations from policy and planning; staff at the national and sub-national level with responsibility for promoting community and household food and nutrition security within different sectors (agriculture, education, health, community development, local government, and planning); staff working at management and co-ordination level in the planning, management, implementation and monitoring of community food security and nutrition programmes or rural development programmes with nutrition components; staff working in action-oriented research, advisory and teaching positions directly relevant to food and nutrition security; and MSc students.
Upon completion of the course you will:
• Understand the role of food and nutrition security for attaining the MDGs
• Understand the principles of participatory and learning orientated planning, monitoring and evaluation of food and nutrition security
• Have new insights in the principles of participatory and learning-oriented planning, monitoring and evaluation in food and nutrition security;
• Have strengthened your competence to design an M&E-system including assessments for food and nutrition security programmes and/or projects;
• Have clear ideas for improving M&E systems and impact assessments for food and nutrition security.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• The Evolving Role of Agriculture in Rural Economies
• M&E Frameworks
• Gender M&E in Agriculture and rural development
• Step by Step approaches to M&E
• Performance monitoring
• Measuring results in Agriculture and RD programmes
• Interpreting and Communicating results for M&E
• Data collection, management and data quality
• ICT tools for data collection, monitoring and evaluation in Agriculture and rural development
• Data demand and use for Agriculture and rural development
Visit our website for more details
How to participate.
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become our partner.
• Purchase software.
• Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
• Project Management Monitoring and Evaluation with MS Projects Course
• Mobile Phones Tools for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Theory of Change in Project Development Course
• Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing Course
• Performance-Based Budgeting Course
• Result-based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
The most popular courses
• Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations Course
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Epidemiology and Biostatistics with Stata Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
• Report Writing Skills Course
View course catalogue on project management, monitoring & development evaluation institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020. Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 21st May 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]