You are here
Introduction to VBA Programming Course
Event: Introduction to VBA Programming Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 5th – 09th December 2018.
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is an object oriented programming language developed by Microsoft. VBA language has been integrated with Excel in order to have programming features which enables the developers to handle the data manipulation along with Excel function very easily. VBA is good for developing reporting systems in a capital markets environment and developing core business performance reporting etc.
Using a step-by-step approach, this course shows how the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language can extend the functionality of Excel. Students will learn to write macros to accept user input, read to and write from cells, and manipulate data. They will also learn to write custom functions and create user forms. Useful examples of problems and their solutions will be provided.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This advanced training course is ideal for:
• People wanting to use more complex functions within Excel.
• All persons using Excel spreadsheets in an advanced way and wish to extend Excel functionality and automate tasks.
• All persons involved in spreadsheet work where significant automation is required.
Participants will need to have attended or be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Excel.
Upon completion of this training course, participants should be able to:
• Record and run macros
• Understand and apply object-oriented concepts
• Understand events in Excel
• Be acquainted with the most important Excel VBA objects and properties
• Understand Excel VBA functions and write their own functions
• Use the Visual Basic environment to code and edit complex programs
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to Excel Macros
• Introduction to VBA
• Understanding Variables
• Excel VBA Forms and Controls
• Working with functions and procedures in Excel VBA
• Decisions / Looping in Excel VBA
• Working with Structured tables, Pivot Tables and Charts in Excel VBA
• Error-handling and debugging
Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
Tailor make your course.
Register as a group.
Become one of our partners.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals Course
• Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility Course
• ICT for Disaster Response Course
• Using Joomla Content Management system (CMS) to Develop Custom and Dynamic Websites Course
• ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
The most popular courses
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
• Disaster Risk Reduction Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Strategic Financial Management Course
View course catalogue in ICT4D and Mobile Technologies Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 29th January 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].