You are here
Introduction To Occupational Health and Safety Course
Event: Introduction To Occupational Health and Safety Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 05th -09th February 2018
World Health Organization (WHO), defines health as a state of physical, emotional and mental wellbeing and not merely the absence of a disease or infirmity. This training course at IRES prepares participants in development, promotion, and maintenance of workplace policies and programs that ensure the physical, mental, and social well-being of employees so as to enhance productivity, reduce health management cost, and lower the rate of absenteeism in the organization
This training will bring you into the world of occupational health, by examples and facts about the size of the problem. You will also learn about legislation and different actors working on the topic occupational Health.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for:
• Members of a health and safety committee;
• Health and safety representative;
• Line supervisors;
• Rank and file workers
At the end of this course, trainees will be able to:
• Explain that occupational health and safety is more than accident prevention – that it encompasses all aspects of working conditions
• Explain the role of health representatives in occupational health
• Recognize a number of occupational hazards and some of the types of work generally associated with those hazards
• Explain ways in which hazardous waste can enter the body and how to prevent them from entering the body
• Understand fire safety and how to conduct a fire drill
• Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety
• Occupational Hazards and Accidents
• Office Safety
• Work Ergonomic and Safe Work Procedure
• Fire Safety and Emergency Response
Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
Tailors make your course.
Register as a group.
Become one of our partners.
Recent /Previous Clients
Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting.
• Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency.
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO.
• Introduction to Health Systems Management Course
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
The most popular courses
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
• Disaster Risk Reduction Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Strategic Financial Management Course
View course catalogue on Health and social care Institute.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 29th January 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].