You are here
Integrated Water Resource Management Course
Event: Integrated Water Resource Management Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 14th - 18th May 2018.
We have all heard that water is life, and indeed it is. What is often ignored, however, is the fact that water is also a key component of development. It is crucial for industry and agriculture, as well as for the health and quality of life of a nation’s citizens. Investment in efficient and sustainable infrastructure, for both urban and agricultural supply, has proven to yield great economic return.
Unfortunately, water has been taken for granted for too long in too many countries. Climate change, rising population growth and increased urbanization are predicted to change that reality severely.This training programme is intended to share the methods of the integrated water resources management practices and to encourage the best use of these precious resources in other regions of the world.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Improve water resources management through the implementation of applicable and effective integrated management tools and techniques.
• Strengthen the principles of governance, planning, adaptive management and capacity building in local, regional and transboundary water resources regimes.
• Develop skills and knowledge required for urgent needs in the water resources sector.
• Understand the concept of Integrated water wesources management in relation to climate change.
• Have a greater understanding of the essence of integrated water resources management.
• Gain understanding on preparations for water scarcity or floods and enhance preparedness for such occurrences.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Basic concepts in integrated water resources management
• Water and national economic development
• Water supply and distribution
• Cost Effective technologies for minimizing water Loss
• Effective regulation of water
• Protection of precious water resources
• Climate change and its impact on water
• Water policy
• Sustainable sourcing and water replenishment
• Pollution control and prevention of waterborne diseases
• Ensuring water quality
• Wastewater treatment and recycling
• Safe water reuse for productive agriculture
• Stormwater management
• Desertification abatement
• Encouraging water conservation with policy
• Water supply economics
• Searching for new Sources of water
• Predictions of water scarcity and preparedness
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
• Integrated Soil Health and Fertility Management Course
• Agricultural Biotechnology Course
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Food and Nutrition Security Programmes Course
• Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
• Gender Approaches to Agricultural Extension Practices Course
The most popular courses
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
• Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling Course
• Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Debt Collection and Credit Management Course
View Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Livelihoods Development Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 07th May 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]