You are here
Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK Course
Event: Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 18th – 22nd June 2018
OpenHDS is an open source Android tablet application that enables community field workers to collect births, deaths, migrations, pregnancies, deliveries, immunization and other pertinent health information. Field workers can collect data "offline" and upload data to the OpenHDS server when they have mobile connectivity. Health program administrators and policy makers can thus have real time access to health and demographic information in the community. The web-enabled, tablet-based OpenHDS application allows users to efficiently select previously registered individuals and launch various OpenDataKit (ODK) forms to collect additional demographic, morbidity, and service delivery information. The mobile application facilitates the collection, through household interviews, of many health events that occur in the community (or outside the formal health system). Even with a relatively small target population, accurate and statistically significant health and demographic rates can be computed when health events are combined with ongoing population demographic information. In addition to computing demographic data, health administrators and researchers are able to assess health system utilization and the burden of disease for a given population over time.
The OpenHDS also maintains a consistent record of significant demographic events that occur to a population in a fixed geographic region and generates up to date registration books. This course focuses on installation, use and management of openHDS. The concepts presented are reinforced with practical exercises at the end of each section. We also provide additional exercises and materials at the end of each module and access to our experts for any further questions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is geared towards clinical researchers, investigators, research nurses, study coordinators and all other study staff health records officers.
The training aims at building the capacity of researchers, health record managers and practitioners to monitor, manage and maintain demographic data and health information.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Understanding HDS
• Installation of the software
• Connection of HDS and ODK
• Connection of ODK Aggregate and ODK Collect
• Data quality Management
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Health Education and Promotion Course
• Food Safety and Hygiene Management Course
• Basic Fire Safety Course
• ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
The most popular courses
• Agricultural Biotechnology Course
• Scientific Writing and Scholarly Publishing Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Cost-Benefit Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course
• Gender Mainstreaming, Analysis and Planning Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 11th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]