You are here
Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
Event: Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 21st – 25th May 2018.
The District Health Information Software (DHIS) is used in more than 40 countries around the world. DHIS 2 is a tool for collection, validation, analysis, and presentation of aggregate and patient-based statistical data, tailored (but not limited) to integrated health information management activities. It is a tool with an open meta-data model and a flexible user interface that allows the user to design the contents of a specific information system without the need for programming. DHIS2 and upwards is a modular web-based software package built with free and open source Java frameworks.
Health data and information is considered to be under-documented due to improper basic health and demographic record-keeping. IRES have organized this training that aims at building the capacity of researchers, health record managers and practitioners to monitor, manage and maintain demographic data and health information in a much more efficient and accurate way than using papers. This training course on Installation, Use and Maintenance of DHIS 2, will equip the participants with necessary skills and knowledge on how to report, analyze and disseminate data for all health programs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Health administrators, Health Information System Officers, researchers, field workers,
• 5 Days
• DHIS 2 set up
• Understand what DHIS 2 is and what purpose it serves with respect to health information systems (HIS)
• DHIS 2 key features supporting data collection, validation, visualization, presentation and information use
• What are the major technological considerations when it comes to deploying DHIS 2
• Data collection and data entry;
• Data analysis and data visualization;
• Data quality with DHIS 2;
• Data elements, data sets and indicators;
• Event capture, event visualizer, event report and tracker capture
• DHIS 2 configuration to monitor health related indicators and progress towards targets such as international development goals
• What are some of the benefits and challenges with using DHIS for HIS
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction To Dhis 2 And Information Use
• Basic Use And Function Of Dhis2 Software
• Data Quality And Validation
• Implementation Strategy
• Data analysis processing
• Data maintenance and managing changes to the database
• Meta-data set up
• Import and export of data
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
• Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
• Prevention and Awareness of FGM Course
The most popular courses
• Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• Emergency Planning and Management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 14th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]