You are here
Improving Health and Nutrition Course
Event: Improving Health and Nutrition Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 11th – 15th June 2018
While most of us know that good nutrition is essential in helping us feel our best and reach our optimal health; finding time to eat a balanced diet on a daily basis seems a formidable task in this fast-paced affluent society. The good news is that by taking charge of your diet, you can improve your health while reducing your risk of lifestyle diseases such as heart disease or cancer.
Good nutrition is therefore one of the keys to good health. This five day training is aimed at developing healthier communities by filling in the gaps between nutrition and health.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Public Health Officers, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the basic principles of nutrition and how they relate to overall health and exercise performance.
• Understand the impact of lifestyle on health, and the ways one can modify lifestyle to affect disease or promote health.
• Establish nutrition disorders, prescribe therapeutic diets, and provide preliminary counseling on specific nutrient needs.
• Implement health maintenance and preventive nutrition care.
• Use medical nutrition remedies (such as nutrition assessment methods, behavioral counseling) for personal self-care where desirable.
• Create and evaluate a comprehensive educational and instructional nutrition tool or a care plan program using appropriate technologies.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Basics of nutrition
• Water, sanitation and hygiene in community food systems
• Food safety practices and general requirements
• Cross-Cutting issues in health and nutrition
• Monitoring and Evaluation of nutrition health interventions
• Technology application in health and nutrition promotion
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailors make your course.
• Register individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
• Health Education and Promotion Course
• Food Safety and Hygiene Management Course
• Basic Fire Safety Course
• Training Course on Introduction to Health System Management Course
• ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
The most popular courses
• Small-Scale Livestock Development and Extension Techniques Course
• Human Resource for Health Course
• Scientific Writing, how to Prepare a Manuscript for International Journals Course
• Value for Money Assessment practice in Project Management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Environmental management, EIA and Audit Course
• Job Analysis and Evaluation Course
View course catalogue on Health and social care Institute.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 4th June 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]