You are here
ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
Event: ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 05th – 09th February 2018.
In present times, everyone needs a basic understanding of ICT and how to make productive use of it, just to be a good public employee, citizen or even a leader. Learning how to be competent users of ICT technologies is important, so that one becomes successful in their careers in leadership and also be able to efficiently participate in the modern day society.
If one was to count its more than one billion users, Facebook could be considered the third largest nation in the world. Twitter’s more than 200 million monthly active global users can communicate instantly with one another about any subject at any time.
In this era of ICT dominance, citizens, businesses, journalists, and government officials use ICT in a variety of ways: to praise or voice concern about their governments, to spread news, to engender action, and to make government work smarter and better.
New media provides a platform for leaders to help citizens in many directions such appreciating their diversities; solving their problems, sharing experiences and voicing out their salient issues without worries and shame.
This course is designed to enhance ICT knowledge and skills for MPS, Senators, Governors, MCAs, County Coordinators, Ward Coordinator, County Assembly Speakers, Clerks, Assistants to Public Officials, Chiefs, Sub chiefs, all public servants, civil servants and any other individual but is also suitable for other individuals working in the private and public sectors who might be interested in sharpening their ICT skills and techniques for social and economic development.
The program will equip participants with practical hands on ICT and social media skills and knowledge for governance, economic and social development.
At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with using ICT tools, techniques and skills for personal development, governance, social and economic development and the use of new communication technologies to build digital citizenships
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• IT Refresher for executive leaders
• Online Literacy, privacy and security
• Presentations and their roles in governance and public participation
• Social Media for Social Change and Governance
• Public participation Tools
• ICT Tools and strategies for social engagement in public organizations
• How internet campaign changed politics
• A review of social media use in government
• E- parliament and ICT based legislation
• ICT policy in Kenya
Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
Tailor made course.
Register as an individual.
Register as a group.
Become one of our partners.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals Course
• Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility Course
• ICT for Disaster Response Course
• Introduction to VBA Programming Course
• Using Joomla Content Management system (CMS) to Develop Custom and Dynamic Websites Course
The most popular courses
• Improving Health and Nutrition Course
• Data Management, Analysis, and Graphics using Stata Course
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Implementation of ICT in Education with Moodle Course
• Training Course on use of GIS and Remote Sensing in Disaster Risk Management
View course catalogue in ICT4D and Mobile Technologies Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 29th January 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]