You are here
ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
Event: ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 14th – 18th May 2018.
HIV/AIDS surveillance and reporting enhances efforts to prevent HIV transmission, improve allocation of resources for treatment services, and assist in evaluating the impact of public health interventions. This course will provide training in new methods, techniques and best practices related to effective reporting data on AIDS cases, new infections, and behavior and characteristics of people at high risk to relevant authorities. The general aim of the course are to familiarize participants with ICT including mobile phone and tablets in data collection and disseminating of HIV/AIDS surveillance to providers and institutions responsible for implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention control.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Medical practitioners in charge of HIV/AIDS programs, project officers, researchers and data collectors
• Increase capacities of participants in development and implementation of HIV/AIDS surveillance and reporting
• Provide a practical overview of methods and approaches used in surveillance data collection, analysis and reporting
• Introduce participants to ICT with the emphasis on open data kit in collecting HIV/AIDS data
• Describe the importance of dissemination of HIV/AIDS surveillance data to providers and institutions responsible for implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention and control programmes
• Assist participants in applying the course contents in their countries
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Global HIV/AIDS epidemiology and the impact of the epidemic
• General principles and key epidemiological issues of public health surveillance
• Components of HIV surveillance systems
• Basic HIV surveillance principles and concepts
• Establishing a HIV surveillance system
• HIV/AIDS Surveillance Data
• HIV/AIDS Data Collection Using ODK
• Analyzing HIV/AIDS Surveillance data
• Writing Surveillance Report
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
• Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
• Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Course
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
The most popular courses
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Food and Nutrition Security Programmes Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling Course
• Emergency Planning and Management Course
• GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 7th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]