You are here
ICT For HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
Event: ICT For HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 05th -09th February 2018
HIV/AIDS surveillance and reporting enhances efforts to prevent HIV transmission, improve allocation of resources for treatment services, and assist in evaluating the impact of public health interventions. This course will provide training in new methods, techniques and best practices related to effective reporting data on AIDS cases, new infections, and behavior and characteristics of people at high risk to relevant authorities. The general aims of the course are to familiarize participants with ICT including mobile phone and tablets in data collection and disseminating of HIV/AIDS surveillance to providers and institutions responsible for implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention control.
Who should attend?
Medical practitioners in charge of HIV/AIDS programs, project officers, researchers and data collectors
The objectives of the training courses are to:
• Increase capacities of participants in development and implementation of HIV/AIDS surveillance and reporting
• Provide a practical overview of methods and approaches used in surveillance data collection, analysis and reporting
• Introduce participants to ICT with the emphasis on open data kit in collecting HIV/AIDS data
• Describe the importance of dissemination of HIV/AIDS surveillance data to providers and institutions responsible for implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention and control programmes
• Assist participants in applying the course contents in their countries
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• HIV/AIDS Surveillance Data
• HIV/AIDS Data Collection Using ODK
• Analyzing HIV/AIDS Surveillance data
• Writing Surveillance Report
Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
Tailor make your course.
Register as an individual.
Register as a group.
Become one of our partners.
Recent /Previous Clients
Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency.
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO.
• Introduction to Health Systems Management Course
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Reproductive Health and Rights Course
The most popular courses
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
• Disaster Risk Reduction Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Strategic Financial Management Course
View course catalogue on Health and social care Institute.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 29th January 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].