You are here
HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
Event: HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 14th – 18th May 2018.
HIV is the virus that causes HIV infection while AIDS is the most advanced stage of HIV infection. The virus is spread through contact with the blood, semen, pre-seminal fluid, rectal fluids, vaginal fluids, or breast milk of a person infected with HIV. The virus also spread mainly by having anal or vaginal sex or sharing drug injection equipment with a person infected with HIV.
HIV/AIDS remains one of the world's most significant public health challenges, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. Nevertheless, infected and affected people are still fighting discrimination and stigmatization. This raises the need for HIV/AIDS education. The training course on HIV/AIDS prevention, control and management aims at giving people information about HIV/AIDS and creating awareness on prevention, control and management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for everyone, since every person is vulnerable to HIV/AIDS and needs to get information about this.
It is also suitable for humanitarian workers as they are vocal people in the community and they can be used to relay the same information at the primary level.
By the end of this course, the participants should be able to:
• Understand what HIV/AIDS is
• Understand how HIV virus spread
• List the risk factors for transmission of HIV in general and among healthcare workers in particular.
• Identify preventive and control measures for HIV/AIDS.
• Discuss accepted procedures and regulations for HIV testing and post-test counseling.
• Describe the clinical manifestations and treatment guidelines for HIV/AIDS.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• INTRODUCTION TO HIV/AIDS
• HIV/AIDS PREVENTION
• HIV TESTING
• POTENTIAL RELATED HEALTH PROBLEM: OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONS
• HIV/AIDS MANAGEMENT
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
• Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Course
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
The most popular courses
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Food and Nutrition Security Programmes Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling Course
• Emergency Planning and Management Course
• GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 7th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]