You are here
Health System Decentralization Course
Event: Health System Decentralization Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 11th – 15th June 2018.
Sustainable development goal 3 aims at ensuring healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages; to achieve these it is essential to strengthen health systems as well as empower health workers. Decentralization has long been advocated as a desirable process for improving health systems. Recently, it has been seen as an integral part of broader health reforms to strengthen health system and achieve improved equity, efficiency, quality and financial soundness. Nevertheless, we are still experiencing a top down approach in health system where almost all decisions, policies and developments are made by the central government.
According to Gilson et al. 1994, anecdotal and country-study evidence confirms that poorly designed and hastily implemented decentralization has serious consequences for health service delivery however, active involvement of health managers in the decentralization design, clear national resource allocation standards and health service norms, and an ongoing trainings and capacity building of managers are essential for guarding equity and quality and for improving efficiency in health service delivery. This training course on health system decentralization will empower leaders in the counties, districts, cities and local government to make decisions, develop sustainable policies and be the catalyst of change and drivers of development.
Who should attend?
Mangers, leaders of medical bodies, supervisors
By the end of ten days, participants shall be equipped with skills and knowledge to meet challenges faced during decentralization. The issues encountered during designing, implementing and managing a decentralization transition these includes: financial, strategic, and quality management, monitoring and evaluation, needs assessment and prioritization and teambuilding. The first week will address the policy level process, assessing needs of a given community and setting priority while the second week will focus on enhancing management skills in the context of decentralization.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to Decentralization Framework
• Need assessment and prioritization
• Strategic Planning
• Leadership and teambuilding
• Quality Management
• Financial planning and Financing Mechanism
• Theory of Change in relation to decentralization
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
• Health Education and Promotion Course
• Food Safety and Hygiene Management Course
• Basic Fire Safety Course
• Training Course on Introduction to Health System Management Course
• ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
The most popular courses
• Small-Scale Livestock Development and Extension Techniques Course
• Human Resource for Health Course
• Scientific Writing, how to Prepare a Manuscript for International Journals Course
• Value for Money Assessment practice in Project Management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Environmental management, EIA and Audit Course
• Job Analysis and Evaluation Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 4th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]