You are here
Goat Farming Training - Lagos
Goat Farming Training - Lagos
15th of September 2018
Pilgrim Ranch Nigeria invites interested participants to take part in Goat Rearing Training Course with emphasis on Boer and Kalahari Red goats. Boer and Kalahari Reds are meat breeds of goats developed in South Africa.
Why breed goats?
Goat meat is a healthy alternative to beef and chicken because of its lower calorie, fat and cholesterol totals. Goat meat comprises 63 percent of red meat consumed worldwide,
What are the health benefits?
1. Comparatively, goat meat also contains higher potassium content with lower sodium levels.
2. When it comes to fat, goat meat is leaner than other meats. It also has far lesser calories, which means it is ideal for those trying to stick to a diet.
3. While red meat is known to be high with saturated fat that increases cholesterol levels and leads to heart disease, goat meat is said to have very low levels of saturated fat and will pose no harm to your heart health. The low levels of saturated fat in goat meat is said to improve blood cholesterol levels and ease inflammation.
4. Goat meat also contains higher levels of iron than chicken. Iron is an important nutrient especially for women — a lack of iron reserves is known to cause anaemia.
5. Goat meat comprises Vitamin B, which is known to help one effectively burn fat. So, a little portion of the meat is good for those wanting to lose some weight.
6. It is packed with Vitamin B12, which is known to help you get healthy skin.
Why Boer and Kalahari Red Goats?
1. The Boer goats attain a body weight of 170kg, while the Kalahari reds attain a body weight of 115kg. In comparison- the West African Dwarf attains 25kg while the Sokoto Red attains 40kg.
2. Boer goats and Kalahari Reds breed all year round while most other breeds are seasonal.
3. They usually give birth to 2-3 kids three times in 2 years.
4. Both breeds attain sexual maturity at 6-8 months.
5. Boer goats and Kalahari reds are in very high demand by breeders and consumers.
6. They can also be crossbred with local goats to increase the body size of our local breeds.
7. Boar goats are very hardy and adapt very easily to various climatic conditions
Date: 15th September 2018
Time: from 10.00 - 16.00
National Power Training Institute of Nigeria
NAPTIN Executive Hostel No 67 Adelabu Street, Surulere Lagos
Cost of training:
1. Register now and pay before the 31st of August- 30,000 (40% discount)
2. Register now and pay between the 31st of August and the 14th of September - 40,000 (20% discount)
3. Register now and pay onsite during the training 50,000
Registration covers training materials and lunch
Scope: The course will cover various aspects of goat rearing from Breeding, Nutrition, Health to Business aspects of establishing a "goatery".
Syllabus of the Goat Rearing Course
1. Introduction to goat rearing
2. General goat management
3. Housing goats
5. Nutrition and feeding goats
6. Goat Health
7. Reproduction and kidding
8. Kid rearing
9. Economics of keeping goats
10. How to manage pasture
11. Potentials in Goat farming
12. Our mistakes so far
How do you register?
To register please send the following details:
Send by - SMS (0902 3704194) or
- WhatsApp (+48501534450) or
- Email: [email protected]
Make the payment for the course to:
Afropoland Projects Ltd
Zenith Bank PLC
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 1014366212
Title: Goat rearing course- Your name and surname (and Name of city where the course will be holding eg Lagos)
For every participant you encourage to register for the course, you shall receive a 10% discount. Getting 10 participants to register means you can attend the course free of charge.
Work with us:
You can also earn some money by promoting and mobilizing participants to participate in the Goat Rearing Training Course. For every participant you recruit (and they register and pay for the course)- we pay you 10% of their registration fee. If for instance you mobilize 40 people to register for the course, you shall receive a payment of 120,000 naira for your work. Please contact us if you are interested in this.
Do you want the Program to hold in your city?
Is your State or city not listed above?- No problem at all! All you need is mobilize at least 10 people to register for the course from your state and we will come with the the training to your State and city. We also organize these trainings for farms, NGOs, companies and government institutions. Please contact us if you are interested in this.
All participants who attend the goat training course will receive the following additional benefits:
1. You will have the opportunity to purchase goats from Pilgrim Ranch outside of auction.
2. You will be given a 10% discount rate for all livestock bought from Pilgrim Ranch and for all consultancy services rendered by Pilgrim Ranch.
3. You will be awarded a lifetime free membership in the Nigeria Boer and Kalahari red Goats club- a basic consultancy platform for club members. Non members of our Goat trainjng alumni have to pay #5000 per year for membership.
4. You will have opportunity to visit Pilgrim Ranch at a convenient time to observe and learn more about Boer and Kalahari goat rearing.
5. You will receive a certificate on completion of the course
Register today and invite your friends and colleagues to attend this unique Goat Training Course.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us through the above email address or by phone: 0902 3704194 or whatsapp: +48 501 534450
John Abraham Godson
CEO Pilgrim Ranch Nigeria