You are here
GIS Disease Surveillance Monitoring Course
Event Date: 1st – 5th, October 2018
Register online to attend: https://bit.ly/2MB9li3
Organizer: Foscore Development Center
This course is technically designed to suit professionals in the job market through imparting practical skills on how to use GIS to overcome the major challenges
faced during phases of a disease outbreak, surveillance, and monitoring. Participants will acquire hands-on skills in the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool to capture, store, analyze, manage, and visualize disease cases data that is geographically linked.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is targeted at professionals who require knowledge and skills on the use of GIS and RS in their organization in the field of risk management. Participants are welcome from a broad range of organizations including physical planning, institutions, professionals and private GIS and RS related firms.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to develop a key understanding of the different components of a GIS and the role GIS plays in solving epidemiological and animal health related problems.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Section 1: Basic GIS concepts
• Basic GIS concepts and terminologies
• Introduction to spatial information
• Introduction to Epidemiology concepts
• Introduction to GIS in disease surveillance
• Planning for a GIS system installation
• Working with a GIS software
Section 2: GIS data sources, data collection and integration techniques for Risk mapping
• Data sources for disease information mapping
• Mobile data collection using ODK.
• Data collection using handheld GPS devices
• Integrating GPS and ODK data into a GIS environment
Section 3: Disease Vulnerability and Risk Assessment using GIS
• Types and methods of risk assessment, risk evaluation, cost-benefit analysis.
• Assessment of elements at risk using GIS.
• Application of GIS in Multi-criteria analysis in vulnerability assessment.
• GIS in mapping disease causing vector location and distribution
Section 4: Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
• Visualization of risk information
• Risk mapping
• Disease monitoring
Spatial Mapping and Visualization in disease surveillance
• GIS mapping of priority public health problems
• GIS mapping of most at risk populations
• Creating a risk map
Section 5: GIS for monitoring in Epidemiology and public health
• GIS in Disease transmission and progression mapping
• GIS as a Decision Support System for Public Health Management (What, where, when, how and why analysis)
• Use of GIS in disease surveillance
• All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
• The participant must be conversant with English
• Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
• Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
• Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
• Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
• Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
• For any enquiry to: [email protected] or +254712260031
• Website: www.fdc-k.org
• Training Venue: Meridian Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
• Request for Invoice and Invitation letter using this link - https://bit.ly/2MB9li3
• View GIS calendar 2018-2019 – http://bit.ly/2DdrTky
• View All Courses calendar 2018-2019 - http://bit.ly/2mB2p5w
• Course Fee: USD 1,000, EURO: 900, Ksh 70,000