You are here
GIS and Remote Sensing in Mining and Exploration Course
Event: GIS and Remote Sensing in Mining and Exploration Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 21st – 25th May 2018.
This course mainly reviews different uses of GIS and Remote sensing in the mining and geology industry.
• To introduce participants to different components of GIS and the role GIS plays in mining and geology.
• To expose participants to data capture, input, manipulation and display by GIS
• To explain to the participant's role of GIS as a tool for spatial planning
• To demonstrate to participants use of Remote sensing in mineral exploration.
• To develop a sound basis of understanding through case studies
• Introduction and definitions of key concepts
• Introduction to GIS and Remote sensing in mining and geology context
• GIS Data management
• Data sources in GIS for Mining and geology
• Data Acquisition
• Mineral Predictive Mapping
• Remote sensing applications in mining and geology
• Remote Sensing Product Development
• Diagnosis, planning, analysis and assessment
• Geological data diagnosis, validation and organisation
• Planning, processing and analysis of geochemical data
• Satellite Imagery and Classification
• Image interpretation
Visit our website for more details
How to participate
• Tailor Make A Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase Software
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Disaster Risk Management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing, Analysis, Mapping and Visualization with Quantum GIS Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
• GIS and remote sensing in conservancy and wildlife management Course
The most popular courses
• Food Security Analysis Course
• Prevention and Awareness of FGM Course
• Panel Data Analysis with Stata Course
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• Project Management Workshop for Senior Officers Course
• Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
View GIS and Earth Observation Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 14th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]