You are here
GIS and Remote Sensing for Epidemiology and Public Health Course
Event: GIS and Remote Sensing for Epidemiology and Public Health Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 7th – 11th May 2018
Epidemiology seeks to determine associations between exposure risk and disease that are spatially dependent. Public health focuses on the health of populations rather than of individuals and focuses more on prevention of health problems. These efforts fall naturally within the domain of problems requiring use of spatial analysis as part of the solution, and GIS and other spatial analysis tools are therefore recognized as providing potentially transformational capabilities for Epidemiology and public health efforts.
Participants will acquire hands-on skills in use of Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool to capture, store, analyze, manage, and visualize disease cases data that is geographically linked. The participants will also acquire statistical data analysis skills.
• To develop Understanding on the different components of a GIS and the role GIS plays in solving epidemiological and public health problems.
• To present to participants all data-related aspects of a GIS, such as the data models in GIS, data input, data editing, data visualization, metadata and managing a spatial database.
• To Carry out advanced analyses of geographical data with specific reference to epidemiological related issues
• To improve data management and analysis skills of the participants
• To perform spatial and temporal epidemiological and public health analysis using GIS.
• Establish understanding on how to work with spatial data and GIS techniques to solve epidemiology and public health problems.
• To expose participants to data capture, input, manipulation and display by GIS
• To demonstrate to participants, use of GIS in mapping health facilities and projects.
• To explain to the participants role of GIS as a decision support system in public health
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Epidemiology and public health concepts and frameworks
• GIS data management in epidemiology and public health.
• Spatial mapping and Visualization in Epidemiology and Public health
• GIS for monitoring in Epidemiology and public health
• Basic statistical data analysis for Epidemiology and Public health
• Graphs and ChartsLine Graph
Visit our website for more details
How to Participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase Software
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• GIS and remote sensing in multi hazard early warning systems Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
• GIS for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
The most popular courses
• Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
• Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency Course
• Advanced Training on Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Introduction to VBA Programming Course
• Social Audit Course
• Change Management Course
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 30th April 2018
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
View GIS and Earth Observation Institute Course Catalogue
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817