You are here
GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
Event: GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date:28th May – 01st June 2018
This training will offer a set of methods and techniques that use GIS and Remote Sensing for analysis and monitoring of climate change, with applications in climate change impacts and adaptation. Participants’ will also acquire a better understanding of climate change impacts, adaptation measures for freshwater resources, and time series analysis. The course is targeted at the categories of professional mentioned above who require knowledge and skills on the use of GIS and Remote Sensing in their organizations on Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Impact and Adaptation practitioners, development workers, including officials of national and local governments, extension officers, defense forces, emergency services staff, staff of training institutes, institutions of public administration, national and international NGOs, UN agencies and the private sector
On completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
• Evaluate the spatial data requirements in Climate Change Analysis and Adaptation
• Assess spatial data availability and understand the importance of Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI), for data sharing by organizations involved in Climate Change Analysis and Adaptation
• Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems
• Use participatory GIS (PGIS) at community level
• Use Mobile data gathering techniques
• Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data, and GPS-based field information
• Have a better understanding of the links of both natural and anthropogenically induced climate change, its impacts, and adaptation and mitigation response options concerning water-related issues
• Acquire advanced knowledge necessary to inform policy makers and stakeholders about the implications for water resources not only of climate change and climate change response options but also of various climate change scenarios and climate change response options, including associated synergies and tradeoffs.
• Use collaborative mapping tools such as Google Maps and Ushahidi to increase collaboration and information sharing.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Basic Principles and Concepts
• Climate Change Image Acquisition and Analysis
• Role of GIS in climate change variables.
• Climate Change Prediction and GIS
• Climate Change Adaptation and GIS
Visit our website for more details
How to Participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase Software
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Disaster Risk Management Course
• GIS and remote sensing in conservancy and wildlife management Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
• GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
• GIS in Energy Course
The most popular courses
• Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations Course
• Prevention and Awareness of FGM Course
• Effective Reporting of Statistical Results for Survey Data Course
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
• Report Writing Skills Course
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 21st May2018
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
View GIS and Earth Observation Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814