You are here
GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
Event: GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 7th – 11th May 2018
The main purpose of the course is to enhance the capabilities of technical staff involved in Food Security Analysis, climate analysis and agriculture by providing them with an understanding on the use of spatial and Earth Observation (EO) information as a tool to integrate knowledge about climate change, agriculture, and food security in a meaningful and innovative way.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Food Security Analysis
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Climate Change Analysis
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Agriculture
• Understand the relationship between climate change, agriculture and food security
• Apply GIS and Remote Sensing as Decision support tool for Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS).
• Use GIS information in planning FS interventions through spatial multi-criteria analysis
• Assess spatial data availability and understand the importance of spatial data infrastructure (SDI), for data sharing by organizations involved in CCAFS
• Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems
• Use participatory GIS (PGIS) tools during assessments at community level
• Apply remote sensing data and image processing techniques to monitor select CCAFS indicators
• Use mobile phones to gather data during field assessments/surveys
• Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data and GPS-based field information
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to climate change, Agriculture, Food security and their relationship
• The impacts of climate change on Agriculture and food security
• Use of GIS in Climate Predictions
• GIS and Remote sensing in Agriculture
• Food Security Assessment and Analysis
• Global Positioning System (GPS) and Basic GPS skills
• Public Participatory GIS and data collection using mobile phones
Visit our website for more details
How to Participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase Software
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• GIS and remote sensing in multi hazard early warning systems Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for Epidemiology and Public Health Course
• GIS for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
The most popular courses
• Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
• Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency Course
• Advanced Training on Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Introduction to VBA Programming Course
• Social Audit Course
• Change Management Course
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 30th April 2018
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
View GIS and Earth Observation Institute Course Catalogue
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register.
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817