You are here
Finance and Accounting Workshop for Non-Accountants (FPM and EP 002)
Application of financial accounting skills is necessary in every business transaction. While it is compulsory for accountants to acquire and apply finance and accounting skills, non-accountants need to understand the basic principles of finance and accounting to facilitate their operations and decisions for sustained results.
This workshop is designed to equip participants with basic knowledge finance and accounting principles and procedures.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of financial statements
- Describe the relevance of accounting and financial statements in decision making
- Discuss financial records
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Use ICT to assess finance and accounting information.
- Overview of Finance and Accounting
- Principles of Book Keeping
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Operation of Impress Account
- Cost Control and Cost Reduction Techniques
- Cost/Benefit and Break-even Analysis
- Responsibility and Stewardship Accounting
- Sources of application of funds
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Budgeting and Budgetary Control
- Computer Application to Finance and Accounting
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Managers; Heads of Department, Division and Unit; Supervisors and other officers in public and private organizations in disciplines other than finance and accounting.
Mode of Assessment for Certificate:
100 per cent attendance / active participation.