You are here
Facilitating Proper Value Chain Development and Actor Empowerment
Event: Facilitating Proper Value Chain Development and Actor Empowerment
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 04th - 08th June 2018.
The future of African small-scale producers depends on their ability to play an active and meaningful role in market dynamics. By effectively participating in and influencing the value chains that link them to suppliers, traders and consumers, smallholders will be able to earn more from their crops, livestock and small businesses. This 5 days training Programme equips researchers, rural development practitioners and service providers with the competencies needed to assist small-scale farmers, traders and businesses to strengthen their position in value chains and, by so doing, contribute to economic development and poverty reduction. Overall the workshop consists of a mixture of brief interactive lectures to introduce various concepts, principles and approaches (questions and discussions encouraged during the presentation), plenary exercises, brainstorms, role plays, group work and a 1 day of field work for Value Chain mapping and analysis on a selected value chains located near the training center.
After this course participants will be able to:
• Explain the Value Chain, its concepts, principles and approaches and its role in sustainable economic development
• Explain pro-poor Value Chain Development and Actor Empowerment (VCD&AE)
• Analyze the Value Chain using a variety of tools and steps, identifying constraints and opportunities for innovation
• Identify the steps for building engagement among and between chain actors and between chain actors and chain supporters
• Elaborate the Design an effective chain development strategy and develop the related action plan,
• Set up an effective monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment plan for a VCD&AE process
• Develop or strengthen their role as professional Value Chain Development Trainers, Researchers or Facilitators
Topics to be covered
• Introduction to propoor value chain development
• Value chain mapping and analysis
• Economic sustainability of Value Chains
• Analyzing the market and market development
• Chain Relations and Governance
• Business services and value chain financing
• The Macro environment
• Developing strategies for chain empowerment
• M&E in value chain development.
• Chain learning and Innovation.
• The competencies of market development facilitators and coaches.
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
• Integrated Water Resource Management Course
• Agricultural Biotechnology Course
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Food and Nutrition Security Programmes Course
• Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
• Gender Approaches to Agricultural Extension Practices Course
The most popular courses
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
• Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling Course
• Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Debt Collection and Credit Management Course
View Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Livelihoods Development Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]