You are here
Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations Course
Event: Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 28th May– 1st June 2018
Farmers’ organization’s-FOs represent farmers’ own interests. They have emerged as a result of Farmers own, real expressed needs. They are effective channels of communication between the member-farmers. Without them, a situation of isolated voices would arise, that lack coordination and general power to affect the behavior of agricultural service providers. Farmer organizations therefore need to be strengthened. FO’s for instance do not have access to diverse sources of income, in some instances, there are no core cultural or economic activities that bind their members, FO’s in certain instances do not have access to capacity-building support, they sometimes operate in unfriendly institutional environment (lack of supportive legislation, no formal recognition). They tend to be weak and are unable to influence powerful actors with the needs of their members.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Have gained practical knowledge on the various types of typical Farmer organizations
• Understood the key steps in establishing farmer organizations
• Be able to establish the roles of extension services in farmer organizations
• Understood the key issues influencing participation in farmer organizations
• Understood the various strategies/empowerment methods that can be applied to farmer organizations
• Gain an understanding of the factors influencing farmer organizations’ effectiveness/success
• Knowledge of the policy issues influencing establishment and strengthening of farmer organizations
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Key steps in establishing farmer organizations
• Key steps in strengthen existing FOs
• Roles of extension services in farmer organizations
• Issues influencing participation in farmer organizations
• Empowerment methods to farmer organizations
• Fundraising for Farmer organizations
• Factors influencing farmer organizations’ effectiveness/success
• The dynamics of collaboration between research and farmers' organizations
• Policy issues influencing establishment and strengthening of farmer organizations
Visit our website for more details
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Tailor Made Training
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become one of Our Partners
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Purchase Software
View related courses
• Value Chain Development and Market Linkages Course
• Facilitating Proper Value Chain Development and Actor Empowerment
• Integrated Pest Management Course
• Climate Change and Agriculture Course
• Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
The most popular courses
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Effective Reporting of Statistical Results for Survey Data Course
• Mobile Phones Tools for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
• Report Writing Skills Course
View Agriculture Development, Food Security and Livelihood Institute Course Catalogue
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 21st May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].