You are here
Effective Purchasing and Contract Negotiation Strategies Course
Understanding contract law has become an essential part of conducting our daily business functions. Your ability to be effective and to keep your company out of costly and time-consuming legal disputes depends on your knowledge or relevant laws but also on the ability to read and understand contracts and to draft or rewrite such contracts effectively. This course will teach best practice in effective purchasing and contract negotiation strategies.
How and why Contracts are dated?
- Formation of a contract
- The Key element of a contract
- Terms and Conditions of contract
- Incorporating documents by reference
- Form of Agreement
- Principles of contract Negotiation
Main Contract Clauses
- Obligation to deliver and Perform
- Compliance with law and change of law
- Indemnities and Insurance
- Third Parties
- Liability in Negligence
Document and Negotiations
- Letters of Intent or Award
- Bank and Insurance Bonds
- Alliance and Partners Agreements
- Negotiations contract qualifications and
Negotiation and Resolution of Disputes
- Contract Negotiation
- Dispute Resolution Clauses
- Avoiding Disputes by sound contract management
Other Contract Clauses
- Suspension and Termination
- Acceptance and Certificate
- Liquidated Damages and Penalties
- Guarantee and Warranty and Maintenance
- Complicit or Laws and Choice of Law Clauses
For Whom: Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.