You are here
Disasters and Development Course
Event: Disasters and Development Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 28th – 01st June 2018
Disasters and development are linked closely in that disasters can both destroy development initiatives and create development opportunities, and that development schemes can both increase and decrease vulnerability.
This course views responsibility in reducing disaster occurrence as a shared undertaking that goes far beyond improved disaster or emergency response. It gives explicit priority to assessing and building on household and community capabilities in at-risk communities, so that our vulnerability reduction efforts are sustainable. The course takes a developmental approach to the sustainable reduction of disaster risk, in both the individual country disaster management frameworks, as well as with respect to the priorities of the Hyogo Framework for Action.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Disaster managers, councilors / political leaders but is equally relevant to those concerned with all aspects of service delivery, business continuity, poverty reduction, humanitarian action and sustainable development.
• Understanding the concept of disaster risk reduction
• Understanding of risk reduction themes
• Core concepts of adult education and development
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Disaster risk and disaster risk reduction
• Specific risk reduction implementation themes
• Adult education, training and development
• Role of agencies in promoting development and disaster risk reduction
Visit our website for more details
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Tailor Made Training
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become one of Our Partners
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Purchase Software
View related courses
• Social Protection: policies, programmes and evidence Course
• Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
• Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
The most popular courses
• Food Security Analysis Course
• Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
• Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Efficiency Analysis using Win4DEAP Course
• International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
• Creating Dynamic Dashboards with Excel for Management Reporting Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building Institute Course Catalogue
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 731240802
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 21st May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].