You are here
Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
Event: Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 5th – 16th February 2018
Stata is a complete statistical software package for data management, data analysis and graphics. It comprises classical and advanced functions including: panel data analysis, forecasting, time series analysis, survival analysis, cross sectional and longitudinal survey methods, structural equation modeling, simulation methods and tables for almost all researchers and analysts. The software can be used via a graphical user interface (menus and dialog boxes) or a command-line interface using its very intuitive programming language. Stata benefits from a very active user community giving support on a dedicated mailing list (Statalist) and developing new packages to extend the software capabilities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata course is required.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
• Understand both descriptive and inferential statistics
• Understand various data collection techniques and data processing methods
• Use mobile phones for data collection(Open data Kit)
• Use basic functions and navigation within Stata
• Create and manipulate graphs and figures in Stata
• Annotate data, set out command functions, create and execute Do files.
• Use Stata effectively for manipulating and analysing data.
• Keep records of your work and create reproducible analyses.
• Export the results of your analyses.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• .Introduction to Statistics, Data Collection, Processing and Stata
• Data Processing and Management with Stata
• Output management and tabulating data with Stata
• Basic Stata Graphics
• Statistical Inference
• Regression Analysis using Stata
• Advanced analysis of complex survey data
• Panel data analysis
• Time series Analysis
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailors make your course.
• Register individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Data Processing and Management using CSPro Course
• Data Management, Analysis and Graphics with R Course
• CSPro For Android and Smartphones Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
The most popular courses
• Food Security Analysis Course
• Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO Course
• International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results
• Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
• Disaster Risk Reduction Course
• GIS and remote sensing in multi hazard early warning systems Course
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
View course catalogue in Research Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer Email:[email protected]. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B.29th January 2018
Send proof of payment to [email protected]