You are here
Crisis Preparation and Management Course
Event: Crisis Preparation and Management Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 07th – 08th May 2018
Crisis management is no longer for those assigned to the task. Past experiences have shown that seemingly unaffected people and departments are also roped in to face the challenges of a disaster. It strikes when you least expect it and exacerbates when dangers and vulnerabilities are not identified or assessed and handled in a timely manner.
How do you manage a crisis then? The best way is to prepare for it! Your crisis management efforts should be directed towards helping your organization recover and to ensure continuity. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a rigorous and comprehensive crisis management system which will help your organization prepare for a crisis and in the process, prevent one from happening.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is relevant for all officers or equivalent who oversees the risk assessment and crisis preparation plans for your organization.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Be acquainted with key tools that can be used to assess and manage risk and crisis in your organization.
• Understand the importance and role of a crisis management team and how to form one.
• Know who the different stakeholders in a crisis are and how to manage their demands and expectations.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Why crisis management is important
• How good planning can lead to competitive advantage
• Understanding mission-critical activities
• Threats and risks facing organizations today
• Business Impact Assessments and Risk Analysis
• Risk mitigations that are cost effective
• Crisis management policy
• Crisis management organization
Visit our website for more details
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Tailor Made Training
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become one of Our Partners
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Purchase Software
View related courses
• Disaster Risk Reduction Course
• Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
• Emergency Planning and Management Course
• Early Warning Systems Course
The most popular courses
• Integrated Soil Health and Fertility Management Course
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Participatory Rural development Action
Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 30th April 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].