You are here
The Art of Effective Listening for Support Officers Course
Event: The Art of Effective Listening for Support Officers Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 04th– 05th June 2018
Do you know that out of the total time we spend in communicating?
• 22% is spent on reading and writing;
• 23% is spent on speaking; and
• 55% is spent on listening?
While we spend more than half of our communication time on listening, not all of us are naturally good listeners. Fortunately, listening is a skill that can be learnt.
This highly-interactive course will equip you with the techniques to overcome your personal listening roadblocks and become a better listener. You will also undergo a listening assessment which will determine your personal listening profile.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training is relevant to all Support Officer and anyone interested in improving their listening skills in order to better engage your colleagues and supervisors.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Recognize the importance of effective listening
• Identify your personal listening profile
• List the barriers to effective listening and use the strategies and techniques to improve your listening
• Use various responding and feedback techniques to project appropriate listening and responses
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Your personal listening profile
• The fundamentals of listening
What is and what isn’t listening
Hearing vs. Listening
The benefits of effective listening
• Barriers to effective listening
Identifying the common barriers to listening
Overcoming the listening roadblocks
• Strategies and techniques to better listening
• Responding and feedback skills
Visit our website for more details
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Tailor Made Training
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become one of Our Partners
• Purchase Software
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
• Entrepreneurship and Business Development Skills Course
• Negotiation Skills for Support Officers Course
• Organizational speech writing Course
• Strategic Financial Management Course
The most popular courses
• HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
• Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
• Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
• Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling Course
• Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Debt Collection and Credit Management Course
Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 713240802.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]