You are here
ARCHIVES ADMINISTRATION AND DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
It is generally known that there is more to record management than storage and recording. There are associated problems such as “brittle books”. Research has revealed the frightful rate at which valuable records in both public and private organizations are becoming embrittled. What step is your organization taking to preserve present day records for posterity?. This program is therefore designed to provide participants with the prerequisite skills and knowledge required to enhance record management in their organizations. It will afford them the opportunity to appreciate the economics and efficiency that can be achieved by having an organized system for the control and management of records in organizations.
Managers, Archivists, Librarians, Book Keepers, Registry Personnel, Auditors, Inspectors, Security and Intelligence Officers, Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Legal Officers, Accountants, Human Resource Personnel, Admin. Personnel and others involved in keeping and managing records in organizations.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
* develop need for compiling and maintaining safe record system
* identify various forms of records and their relevance to organizational development
* appreciate the principles of record keeping and document management
* appreciate the need to protect documents and design security measures
* develop skills to salvage and repair damaged documents
* appreciate computerization as strategic documentation management.
* Types of records and their durability
* Security of documents
* Process and Procedures of Archival Management
* Files Management
- Files and Filing Systems
* Document Management and Records Keeping
- Personal Records
- Financial Records
- Other Business Records
- Disposal of Records
* Computerization and Strategic Documentation
* Salvaging and Decipherment of Damaged Documents
- Mold and Mildew
* Efficient and Effective Managerial Responsibility and
Solutions to Documentation Problems
* Disaster Recovery for Records Custodians,
Archivists and Librarians
- Disaster Prevention and Planning
* Disposition of Unrecoverable Records
* Records and Document Recovery Techniques
* Future Trends in Document Management
Mrs. Ovesuor - R. E. B. A(Hons) MAS
(Archives & Records Management)
Chief Archivist Nigeria Archives. She lead other facilitators to bring her experience to bear on this programme
Kunle Ogunsola - B.Sc., M.Sc., FCIS. ACA., -
Head of Consultancy Department,
The Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria. (ICSAN). Mr. Ogunsola will share his experience on this programme.
N90,000 per participant, VAT - N4,500
Note: this covers Workshop Fee, Full Break fast, Lunch, course materials and certificate of attendance.
Payment should be made in favour of Human Capital Associates.
Payment can equally be made into our Accounts:
Account Name : Human Capital Associates
Keystone Bank Ltd. Account No:1005378262