You are here
Agriculture Statistics Course
Event: Agriculture Statistics Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 04th – 06th June 2018
There is the need to establish the frameworks to address intensively the lack of capacity to meet data requirements as defined in a recommended minimum set of agricultural statistics. The frameworks address the need for agricultural statistics to go beyond the traditional farm level data about production to data used to monitor the role of the agricultural sector in food security, environmental sustainability, and a driver for poverty reduction.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Relevant officials from national statistical offices, the ministry of agriculture, livestock and fisheries, farmers and other agricultural managers. Other officials who deal with agriculture activities and statistics are highly encouraged to attend.
• Understand the Importance of Agriculture statistics in the current world
• Learn the different classifications used in agricultural statistics
• Be able to conduct agricultural surveys and data collection
• Understand the concept of analyzing agricultural statistics.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Importance of Agriculture Statistics and Agriculture today
• Agriculture Statistics: Concepts and definitions
• Classifications used in agricultural statistics
• Statistical methods and official agricultural statistics
• Input-output structure; Agricultural Crops (Major/Minor and Main /By products)
• Data Collection Schemes
• Concepts of survey sampling
• Agricultural census and surveys
• World Census of Agriculture (WCA)
• Crop Estimation
• Production Index and Agriculture Growth
• Agriculture Gross Value Added (GVA)
• Extended Scenario of Agriculture Statistics
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor make your course.
• Register as an individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting Course
• CSPro For Android and Smartphones Course
• Agriculture Statistics Course
• Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals
• Financial Management Using QuickBooks, Sage and Pastel Course
The most popular courses
• Integrated Pest Management Course
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Theory of Change in Project Development Course
• ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
• Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
• GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
• The Art of Effective Listening for Support Officers Course
View course catalogue in Research Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]