You are here
Advanced Training on Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
Events: Advanced Training on Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 07th – 11th May 2018.
New developments in data science offer a tremendous opportunity to improve decision-making. In the development world, there has been an increase in the number of data gathering initiative such as baseline surveys, Socio-Economic Surveys, Demographic and Health Surveys, Nutrition Surveys, Food Security Surveys, Program Evaluation Surveys, Employees, customers and vendor satisfaction surveys, and opinion polls among others, all intended to provide data for decision making.
It is essential that these efforts go beyond merely generating new insights from data but also to systematically enhance individual human judgment in real development contexts.
How can organizations better manage the process of converting the potential of data science to real development outcomes? How can organizations go beyond merely generating new insights to changing behaviors — not only of their employees, but beneficiary and communities too?
This five days hands-on course is tailored to put all these important consideration into perspective.
It is envisioned that upon completion, the participants will be empowered with the necessary skills to produce accurate and cost effective data and reports that are useful and friendly for decision making.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata/SPSS/R course is required. The training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English.
• Understand and appropriately use statistical terms and concepts
• Design and Implement universally acceptable Surveys
• Convert data into various formats using appropriate software
• Perform simple to complex data manipulation using Ms Excel
• Perform basic data analysis tasks with SPSS/Stata/R
• Perform simple to complex data management tasks using SPSS/Stata/R
• Correctly identify appropriate statistical test for basic analysis s and perform them using SPSS/Stata or R as the participant choose
• Use mobile data gathering tools such as Open Data Kit (ODK)
• Use GIS software to plot and display data on basic maps
• Use Google Doc and Google maps to collaborate and sharing information
• Write reports from survey data
• Put strategies to improve data demand and use in decision making
• Basic statistical terms and concepts
• Concepts and Software for Data Processing, management and GIS mapping
• Introduction to Data management and analysis using Ms Excel
• Quantitative Data Analysis using SPSS/Stata/R
• Advanced Data Analysis, reporting, dissemination and use
Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
• Tailors make your course.
• Register individual.
• Register as a group.
• Become one of our partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Fundamentals of Data Management, Analysis and Graphics Using SPSS Course
• Intermediate Data Management, Analysis and Graphics with Stata Course
• Advanced Data Processing and Management using Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) Course
• CSPro For Android and Smartphones Course
• Panel Data Analysis with Stata Course
The most popular courses
• Integrated Soil Health and Fertility Management Course
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
• GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
• Participatory Rural development Action
View course catalogue in Research Institute
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 30th April 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected].